The 2016-2017 Labor-Management Advisory Council on Workers' Compensation (LMAC) has been formed under agency order of Commissioner Pam Bucy of the Department of Labor and Industry. The purpose of the Advisory Council is to provide a structure for an organized discussion of workers' compensation public policy. The LMAC is composed of five representatives of employers, five representatives of workers, and a nonvoting subcommittee of five representatives of other stakeholder groups (see list below). Lt. Governor Mike Cooney chairs the Advisory Council. The council will expire or be renewed by July 1, 2017.
The next LMAC meeting is Wednesday, June 15, 2016. It will be held at the Great Northern Hotel, 835 Great Northern Boulevard, Helena Montana. An agenda will be posted in the near future.
LMAC members representing workers:
- Doug Buman, Laborers' International Union of North America
- Chris Cavazos, Montana AFL-CIO
- Don Judge, Injured Workers Resource Council
- Jim Larson, Teamsters Local 190
- Al Smith, Montana Trial Lawyers Association
LMAC members representing employers:
- Bill Dahlgren, Sun Mountain Sports
- Annette Hoffman, St. Vincent's Healthcare
- Marvin Jordan, Montana Contractors Compensation Fund
- Robert Worthington, Montana Self-Insureds Association
- Lance Zanto, Workers’ Compensation Management Bureau
- Iron Workers Local No. 732 - Seth Bergan
- Montana Hospital Association – Bob Olsen
- Montana Medical Association – Jean Branscum
- Montana Nurses Association - Vicky Byrd
- Montana Public Employees Association - Nicole Thoutte
- Montana State Conference of Professional Fire Fighters - Jason Baker
- Montana State Fund – Kevin Braun
- Private insurance companies – Jacqueline Lenmark, Esq.
- Rehabilitation Association of Montana - Bonnie Lyytinen-Hale
- Stillwater Mining - Scott McGinnis