The 2019 Labor-Management Advisory Council on Workers' Compensation (LMAC) is formed under an agency order of Commissioner Galen Hollenbaugh of the Department of Labor & Industry. The purpose of the Advisory Council is to monitor the effectiveness of the 2011’s HB334 workers’ compensation reforms, continue to improve Montana’s workers’ compensation system, and recommend solutions to the Commissioner. The LMAC is composed of five representatives of employers and five representatives of employees.
The Lt. Governor, Mike Cooney, chairs the Advisory Council. Eric Strauss, Employment Relations Division Administrator serves as a non-voting member. Lance Zanto, representing employers and Jim Larson, representing employees serve as co-chairs. The council will expire or be renewed by December 31, 2019.
LMAC members representing workers:
LMAC members representing employers:
- Al Smith, Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- Adam Haight, Montana AFL-CIO
- Doug Buman, Laborers' International Union of North America
- Don Judge, Injured Workers Resource Council
- Jim Larson, Teamsters Local 190
- Annette Hoffman, St. Vincent's Healthcare
- Bridger Mahlum, Montana Chamber of Commerce
- Michael J. Marsh, Midland Claims Services Inc. & Industrial Injury Claims®
- Lance Zanto, Workers’ Compensation Management Bureau
- Vicki Evans, Montana Contractors Compensation Fund
The advisory council can vote to establish subcommittees to study issues and make recommendations to the council.