Free Safety Consultation Service for all Workplace Safety Needs
Identify problems before they become accidents. Workplace hazards have a direct impact on your employees and your business. The Montana Department of Labor & Industry's Safety and Health Bureau is dedicated to help improve safety and health in the workplace and for Montana's small businesses.
There are no fees charged for the consultation nor are fines or penalties levied for any safety or health hazards observed during the consultation.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Safety and Health Bureau Consultation Program
Department of Labor and Industry
2201 White Blvd
Butte, MT 59701
Phone: (406) 494-0324
What We Can Do For You:
Our consultation services are confidential, conducted at no charge, and may include:
- Workplace hazard assessments
- Employee sampling to determine workplace exposures
- Recommendations to control and eliminate safety & health hazards
- Assistance with OSHA Compliance
- Evaluation & development of Safety & Health programs
- Safety & Health Management System evaluation
- Safety & Health training provided at SafetyFestMT
- Education on the Montana Safety Culture Act requirements
- Safety brochures and materials.
With your cooperation and commitment an effective consultation will reduce workplace injuries and illnesses.
Who Can Request A Consultation
Private employers may request this service by contacting the Dept. of Labor and Industry, Occupational Safety and Health Bureau, at (406) 494-0324. Consultations will be scheduled on a first-come first-served basis with priority granted to small business employers in high hazard industries.
An Effective Consultation Will:
- Assist in eliminating workplace safety and health hazards.
- Develop or strengthen safety & health programs
- Establish a safety culture in the work place that may lower workers' compensation costs by reducing workplace injury and illness
- Participate in OSHA's Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) if eligible