Insurance Compliance

​Employers must provide workers' compensation insurance defined in the Montana Workers' Compensation and Occupational Disease Acts. Insurance may be purchased from insurers that are authorized in Montana, and have workers' compensation included in their authority. Or, the department may grant an employer the ability to self-insure its workers' compensation liabilities if it has the requisite financial ability to pay workers' compensation indemnity and medical benefits.

Contact Information

Carrier Compliance
Workers' Compensation Regulation Bureau

Employment Relations Division
PO Box 8011
Helena, MT 59604-8011
Dan Horning
(406) 444-1555