Description of Related Links
- Agency and Business Contacts for Businesses; for common steps, with contact information, to consider when establishing a business in Montana.
- Applications and Forms - ICEC and CR; to find forms to obtain an Independent Contractor Exemption Certification and Construction Contractor Registration.
- Construction Contractor Registration Unit; to learn more about becoming or hiring a registered contractor, and review the administrative rules and laws for construction contractors.
- CR Search; for searching businesses with a valid or suspended Construction Contractor Registration.
- Home Shows and Events; to find home show and event information to visit our educational booth.
- ICEC Search; for searching individuals with a valid or revoked Independent Contractor Exemption Certificate.
- Independent Contractor Central Unit; to learn more about becoming or hiring an independent contractor, and review the administrative rules and laws for independent contractors.
- NASCLA Website; National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies to verify other states’ licensing requirements and regulations.
- Online Payment; to make an online credit card payment for your Independent Contractor Exemption Certificate and Construction Contractor Registration application.
- WC Coverage Verification; for searching valid Montana workers’ compensation insurance policies.
- You may verify professional or occupational licensing for your contractor by searching for a professional license.
- Just because an independent contractor or construction contractor is registered with our Department does not mean that they are licensed, bonded, or tested.
- Registrations only ensure applicants are in compliance with Montana's workers' compensation laws and do not imply quality assurance.
- We participate in several home shows around the state. If you would like us to visit your area, please contact us.
- We are also available for meetings and educational presentations.
- Your organization may request up to a quantity of 50 brochures to be mailed or picked up.
- If you have any suggestions to help us improve what we do, please let us know.
PO Box 8011
Helena, MT 59604-8011
- Physical Location (for overnight mailing with FED-EX or UPS and walk-in customers, same day processing not guaranteed):
1805 Prospect Ave
Helena, MT 59601
- If you are not in the Helena area and need to speak to someone in person for assistance, please visit your local Job Service.