New! Newsletter - Ladder Safety - March is ladder safety month. This newsletter discusses ladder safety and the top injuries that can result from improper ladder use.
Firefighters in Montana: Health & Safety Issues - Our new report provides a detailed overview of health and safety issues impacting firefighters in Montana in recent years (October 2018)
Newsletter - Firefighter Safety - This newsletter presents major takeaway points from our new report on firefighter health and safety issues in Montana (October 2018)
Occupational Health Success Story - Work-Related Fatalities in a Frontier State - A look into how the MT Worker Health program began to address worker deaths in Montana (October 2018)
ATV Rider Safety Online Course - Unique online lessons cover ATV safety gear, operations, riding strategies, agricultural uses, and advanced techniques ($25 cost) (January 2018)
Industry Spotlights pages are available for 12 different industries, with injury data specific to Montana (May 2017)
Need to report a workplace safety or health hazard?
Mission & Value Statement
The mission of the Montana Occupational Health & Safety Surveillance program (MOHSS) is to identify, track, and monitor work-related fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in order to improve worker health and safety across Montana.
The Montana Occupational Health & Safety Surveillance (MOHSS) program will:
- Build a strong and dependable occupational health surveillance system for Montana
- Conduct high quality research on workplace injuries, illnesses, and fatalities in Montana
- Provide useful and timely information so that workers and employers in Montana can be aware of health hazards in the workplace
- Collaborate with workers, organizations, and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and intervention
- Tackle occupational health projects to address the needs of the Montana workforce
- Do our best work for the people of Montana