New! Firefighters in Montana: Health & Safety Issues - Our new report provides a detailed overview of health and safety issues impacting firefighters in Montana in recent years (October 2018)
New! Newsletter - Firefighter Safety - This newsletter presents major takeaway points from our new report on firefighter health and safety issues in Montana (October 2018)
Occupational Health Success Story - Work-Related Fatalities in a Frontier State - A look into how the MT Worker Health program began to address worker deaths in Montana (October 2018)
ATV Rider Safety Online Course - Unique online lessons cover ATV safety gear, operations, riding strategies, agricultural uses, and advanced techniques ($25 cost) (January 2018)
Video: Overview of Lead and Health Effects - Talks about sources of lead exposure and potential health effects of lead poisoning (Missouri, October 2017)
Industry Spotlights pages are available for 12 different industries, with injury data specific to Montana (May 2017)
Need to report a workplace safety or health hazard?
Mission & Value Statement
The mission of the Montana Occupational Health & Safety Surveillance program (MOHSS) is to identify, track, and monitor work-related fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in order to improve worker health and safety across Montana.
The Montana Occupational Health & Safety Surveillance (MOHSS) program will:
- Build a strong and dependable occupational health surveillance system for Montana
- Conduct high quality research on workplace injuries, illnesses, and fatalities in Montana
- Provide useful and timely information so that workers and employers in Montana can be aware of health hazards in the workplace
- Collaborate with workers, organizations, and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement and intervention
- Tackle occupational health projects to address the needs of the Montana workforce
- Do our best work for the people of Montana